Remove Author Bio Box Under Post

Discussion in 'NomNom Theme' started by Dee, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Dee

Dee New Member

How do you turn off the Author Bio Box under the post?

I have been wracking my brain on this issue and I've probably just overlooked it.

I installed a author box plugin (Social Author Bio) and love it. I cannot get the author bio information that appears to come with the theme to stop posting under each post though. It's like the author information is posted twice but in two different ways.

Is there a way to turn off the Wordpress author bio under the posts?

Thanks in advance!

2. Dee

Dee New Member

I've tried all day and still cannot get this. Guess we are stuck with it and I've deactivated the really cool social author bio box.

stink

3. Zeaks

Zeaks Author Staff Member

I don't think there is an on/off for the author BIO (this is not a NomNom feature, it's a Twenty Eleven feature). I believe by default it works like this. If you fill in "Biographical Info" in your profile, it will display the author box when you make a post. Just remove whatever info you have in there and it should go away.

The only other alternative I think is to edit the template files.

4. Dee

Dee New Member

Yah, I've gathered that but I couldn't locate WHERE to edit the files to remove it.

I do see how it works, but I wanted this other author box instead, not both. I like the easy features the other box had for the multi author site. The authors like the nifty icons.

Finally FOUND where to edit the information and now I need to figure out how to child level it for editing so I can hide the twenty eleven author bio information. Would LOVE to get rid of it still. If you happen to have any tips or input I am all ears... er... eyes! : )

Thanks!

5. Zeaks

Zeaks Author Staff Member

While looking into this, I found a post on wordpress.org where I was discussing something like this months ago. http://wordpress.org/support/topic/bio-disappear-below-posts-in-twentyeleven

Copy content-single.php from twenty eleven theme, into the NomNom directory. Open it and remove the following block of code. Line 54-69
    PHP:
    <?php if ( get_the_author_meta'description' ) && ( ! function_exists'is_multi_author' ) || is_multi_author() ) ) : // If a user has filled out their description and this is a multi-author blog, show a bio on their entries ?>
    <div id="author-info">
    <div id="author-avatar">
    <?php echo get_avatarget_the_author_meta'user_email' ), apply_filters'twentyeleven_author_bio_avatar_size'68 ) ); ?>
    </div><!-- #author-avatar -->
    <div id="author-description">
    <h2><?php printf__'About %s''twentyeleven' ), get_the_author() ); ?></h2>
    <?php the_author_meta'description' ); ?>
    <div id="author-link">
    <a href="<?php echo esc_urlget_author_posts_urlget_the_author_meta'ID' ) ) ); ?>" rel="author">
    <?php printf__'View all posts by %s <span class="meta-nav">&rarr;</span>''twentyeleven' ), get_the_author() ); ?>
    </a>
    </div><!-- #author-link-->
    </div><!-- #author-description -->
    </div><!-- #entry-author-info -->
    <?php endif; ?>
    Here is the file already edited, just drop it into the NomNom directory.

Attached Files:

6. Dee

Dee New Member

Oh HAPPY DANCE!

I got that part of the code edited out but made my child file the wrong title so it did nothing. I could HUG you!!! This is soooooo wonderful!

Thank you so much!!

PS-Your file is perfect, but the code was not edited out yet. I did that easily though. Wooooooowho!