Remove responsiveness

Home Forums Twenty Plus Pro and Lite Remove responsiveness

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Zeaks 2 days, 6 hours ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

soret

Hello Zeaks!

I know this might seem like a weird question, but I wanted to know how to remove any responsiveness to the theme. It’s not that I don’t like it, or that it doesn’t work. I just plan to pay for the Wp-Touch plugin and modify my mobile version from there. However, before I pay for it, I would like any mobile device to see my page full width, and be able to re-size and pinch as the user likes.

I have already tried setting the @media screen to @media screen and (min-width: 50px) { and it sort of worked, but I wasn’t allowed any pinching or resizing.

Could you help me with this? Thanks in advance!

Advert

Zeaks

Hi Soret, with Twenty Twelve, it’s almost impossible. Twenty Twelve is not only responsive, it’s a mobile first theme, meaning it was specifically created for mobile devices first, then designed to work with desktop screens.

You are on the right track though, but it’ll never work perfectly. Here’s a stack-exchange post that explains how to do it, I’m not sure how it ended up working though.
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14356982/how-to-remove-the-responsive-code-from-the-twenty-twelve-theme last comment in that thread.

Before asking a question please use the search, or check out some popular posts.
    Change twenty Eleven sidebar width
    Create a WordPress child theme
    Create excerpts in twenty Twelve

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.