Twenty Plus Lite, Twenty Twelve child theme. Here’s a new child theme for Twenty Twelve with two color schemes, left and right sidebar layout and more.
- Dark and Light color schemes
- Left or right sidebars
- Display excerpts or Full Posts
- Three footer widgets
- wp-PageNavi ready, styles included
This is the lite version of Twenty Plus Pro
Try it, use it, and if you like it and want bigger and better features, consider upgrading!
I’ve just finished a major update of NomNom child theme. There’s lots of changes and new features in this release. Nivo slider has been added to the header with options which is one of the new features.
Please see the Updated NomNom theme page NomNom Theme which has a full list of features and info.
I’ve also as of version 1.5 removed all shortcodes from NomNom theme. If you were using these shortcodes, don’t worry, I’ve created a plugin which will allow you to keep using them or start using them if you want. You can grab that here
Here is the changelog for 1.5
v1.5 8/31/11 -
Added Nivo Slider to header with options
Added by request author avatar on post titles with on/off option
Added as suggested on/off option for recent related posts
Added comment bubble on/off switch
Added searcform in header on/off switch
Added ajax to Custom CSS section and other areas, most options should not require page reload to save.
Added by request tidy comment CSS (Allows more comment area by using 1 column CSS on all layouts, edit at own risk)
Added tabbed layout options panel. (saves space when future options are added)
Added Site Preview in NomNom Options
Redesigned the comments for all layouts (had no choice it was either all or none, and they looked bad with the 3 column)
Removed all shortcode functions and created plugin
Added default options for all theme options (should look like twenty eleven after install)
Added a class to the body element for all custom layouts .custom-layouts, this will effect all custom layouts.
Fixed header resizing for narrow left/right layouts. (Changed width to max width)
Increased narrow sidebar left and right width by from 850px to 875px.
Adjusted recent related posts position.
Fixed comment list on attachment page.
Fixed attachment page layout for all layouts. *Thanks Steve for pointing that out
Set width and position of comments for custom layouts to match default.
Please post comments here NomNom twenty Eleven Child Theme
Ignore the posts the slider images are linked to, they are just for the purpose of displaying the slider so I can test it on a live site. If anyone notices any strange issues with it or any other part of the theme, please let me know by leaving a comment. I’ll be using this on Zeaks.org for a few days before I release it.
- Added Nivo Slider to header with options
- Added by request author avatar on post titles with on/off option
- Added as suggested on/off option for recent related posts
- Removed all shortcode functions and created plugin
- Added default options for all theme options (should look like twenty eleven after install)
- Fixed header re-sizing for narrow left/right layouts. (Changed width to max width)
- Increased narrow sidebar left and right wdth by from 850px to 875px.
- Adjusted recent related posts position.
- Fixed comment list on attachment page.
- Fixed attachment page layout for all layouts. *Thanks Steve for pointing that out
- Set width and position of comments for custom layouts to match default.
If you would like to test new versions of NomNom before I release them, email zeaks @ live.ca (remove spaces)
Here’s the new version of NomNom theme. This version features 3 new 3 column layouts, left and right sidebars, 2 left or 2 right with a 1000px width. A new widget area had to be added for this, on 2 column layouts that widget will display under the primary sidebar widget.
For those who want to show only the top menu, there’s now an option to turn the lower navigation menu on or off, and the menus will work as default on first install (will once again list pages).
The header can now be re-sized from NomNom Options page, you must upload a new image to see the changes. And the last new option is a custom CSS area. You can add any CSS to this without editing stylesheets, it will override the theme default style and will not be overwritten during an upgrade. I’ve also included a link to a new CSS Snippet forum post that I will continue to update.
And one last fix, the options page should display properly in IE.
Please let me know of any issues with the new layouts or anything else.
Download it Now!
Another large update for NomNom theme should be ready in the next few days once I do a bit more testing. I’m looking for a couple users that would like to test new versions for me before I release them. If you would like to do this, please use the email link under author info in the sidebar. Here’s the current changelog and screenshots of the Options panels.
v1.4 8/17/11 -
Added option to turn primary navigation menu on/off
Added option to set your header size
Removed /includes/images/header directory
Removed all header code from functions (header will remain twenty Eleven default size until it is changed)
Added extra widget area
Added 3 new layouts, 3 column left/right sidebars, 2 sidebars left, 2 sidebars right
Cleaned up NomNom Options page
Here’s another nice Twenty Eleven child theme by http://designerfied.com It features reduced white space on the sides, a large unique featured image and Google fonts. You can use any header you want the title text will stay the same. The WordPress credits in the footer are floated to the right.
Check out the demo or visit the theme page for more info. Be sure to check out the rest of the site there’s lots of great free backgrounds, headers and child themes as well.
Purchase the Premium Version only $5.00!
(If you experience any issues with the download link, use the contact form at the top, I’ll respond asap.)
There’s more to this theme than just an awesome name and the fact it’s a child theme of Twenty Eleven.
Numerous features and options have been added to save time and make things easy to get your site looking the way you want with just the click of a button.
I’m always thinking up more features to add, so if you have any suggestions feel free to post them on the forums.
- 8 premade color schemes
- 6 new layouts including 3 different 3 column layouts
- Optional Nivo Slider in header with several options to control the look
- Option to resize the header
- Support for excerpts with post thumbnails
- Second menu above the header
- Extra footer menu area
- Sidebar on post pages
- Turn comments off site wide
- Turn comment bubble, search form, main menu and author post avatars on/off
- Area to add your own custom CSS that will not be overwritten with an upgrade
- Google Font selector for most areas
- Built in related posts under each post with on/off option
- Template to display adsense in post content
- Custom Twitter, Flickr, Author Biography widgets
- WP-PageNavi template and style support, just install and activate
- Color options for all menu areas
- Copywrite date in footer years based on first and last published post
- All code is well commented
- Dark Scheme child theme support
Download The Free Version
Credits to these sites for the awesome help I received
JK Twenty Eleven Child Theme – This is the first Twenty Eleven child theme I’ve posted about and the fourth child theme by http://designerfied.com. It features a wider sidebar, with a sidebar on post pages, WP-PageNavi Support, makes use of Google Fonts, re-sized header, reduced whitespace throughout the theme and several other adjustments to the header and titles.
You can download it from his site JK Child Theme Be sure to check out the rest of the site there’s lots of great free backgrounds, headers and child themes as well.