2012/11/27 at 12:52 am #8133
Twenty Plus 1.1 is ready, but I have to wait until the official release of Twenty Twelve (Dec 5th I’ve read) before I can release it. This version is updated to work with the new Twenty Twelve version, it will break on the current 1.0. Here’s the changelog so far, IE users should be happy with this.
IE 8 and IE 7 Updates
- Redesigned all layouts to work with IE 8 and IE 7
- Removed IE 8 and IE 7 responsive support (not needed)
- Redesigned Grid template for IE 8 and IE 7
- Fixed all widget areas in IE 8 and IE 7
- Fixed Homepage Template widget areas in IE 8 and IE 7
- Slider now works in IE 7 and works better in IE 8
- Adjusted all color schemes menus in IE 8 and IE 7
- Added missing background color support for menus in IE 7
- Grid template summary text properly clears thumbnail image in IE 8 and IE 7
- Added IE 8 and IE 7 conditionals
- Fully tested in IE 10
- Dropping support for IE 7, as of now it works fine in IE 7 it may not in the future.
- Header search form option
- Iris color picker
- Option to use your own credits in the footer
- Added Flickr widget
- Added Google+ Widget
- Added Twitter widget (updated code from NomNomm)
- Added author biography widget
- Font size options
- Google fonts (almost 200 added) for areas listed below
- Site title
- Site description
- Post Title
- Post content
- Widget title
- Widget body
- Content will display full width if no widgets are active for 2 column layouts (use them if you want to display single column layout)
- Removed meta icons based on feedback (leaving the design up to the user)
- Removed all custom meta functions from functions.php
- Styled meta links for all color schemes
- Organized stylesheets and improved comments
- Minor adjustments to the slider for IE improvements
- Updated to use new Iris colopicker as WordPress has moved to it
- Added theme update notification (get notified when a new version is released)
- Updated header.php to reflect official Twenty Twelve header
- Updated navigation.js to reflect new code in Twenty Twelve
- Minor CSS adjustments to bbPress styles for new bbPress versions
- Fixed extra div issue in content.php
- Minor CSS adjustments for color all schemes
- Recoded single.php to work better with excerpt with featured image options
- Updated to work with official Twenty Twelve release (please update to it)
Notes: I did add color options for just about every area of the theme, but after trying it out with the new selectors I decided this was not something this theme needs.
Although the design is fairly simple, adding options to control colors for every area would be too overwhelming to average the user and might cause more confusion than anything. Options are added to make things easier to do, not to make things complicated.
I also planned on a redesign for the theme options to use tabs, this will require an entire rewrite of the theme options page to get it the way I want and would delay the December 5th release. It’s planned for a future update instead.
On the list for features to be added in 1.3 Meta information options, sitewide comments on/off and Adsense zones for header, post content and below post content. None of these will been added until the new theme options panel design is finished.
Before asking a question please use the search, or check out some popular posts.
Change twenty Eleven sidebar width
Create a WordPress child theme
Create excerpts in twenty Twelve
If I’ve helped you with something, click the “Rate this post” button.2012/11/28 at 7:56 am #8148
This is really great news, even for ‘small’ users like myself. Looking forward to try it, awaiting the 3.5 and twenty twelve release.2013/01/07 at 4:05 pm #8884
Hi zeaks, any update about 1.2?2013/01/07 at 4:31 pm #8885
Hi Harry. I have a few ideas for 1.2, the only thing for sure is the new IRIS color picker that WordPress has switched to.
Some ideas so far are -
I’d like to create an entire new theme options page, but it will require a rewrite of most of the options. The good thing about this is it will give space (tabs) to allow more options to be added.
Options to control meta info may be added, that’s something a lot of people have asked for.
Adsense areas may also be added. Header, content area and below single post content.
A third menu area at the bottom above the footer.
Possibly a new color scheme. I find these to be the hardest to do, I try to keep the colors neutral so they appeal to everyone, but I’m just not very good with choosing colors lol.
If you have any ideas feel free to let me know.
2013/01/16 at 9:04 am #8928
I just bought Twenty Plu Pro and I’d like to know when 1.2 will be out.
Do you have any update about it, like a release date ?
Thanks in advance.2013/01/16 at 1:04 pm #8929
I don’t have a set date for the next release, I am working on it though.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.